ANTHONY J. POIDMORE
Before I started my own law firm representing victims of sexual harassment, defamation, wrongful termination, head injuries and injury accidents of all types, I actually worked as an attorney for the other side.
I was the senior partner in a large litigation defense law firm, representing employers and insurance companies who had been sued. Then, in the late 70's, as a favor I took on the case of an acquaintance who had been fired from his job. I tried his case and a jury awarded him more than $1 million. That became a landmark case in California. Pretty soon, more people began contacting me for help, especially for help with employment cases.
I gradually found it impossible to continue to represent insurance companies and employers. It simply was not compatible to defend insurance companies and employers while trying to help the many people who came to me for help. I was the senior partner of a large insurance company defense firm and here I was suing insurance companies! I found I had to leave the firm and start my own practice, which I did in 1997.
Helping People Navigate Through the Legal System
I find more satisfaction in helping individuals. I feel that I am really doing somebody some good, especially in a sexual harassment, wrongful termination, or serious injury cases. Those are the types of cases that can be devastating to someone's life. I get a great deal of satisfaction in helping people navigate through the legal system and receive compensation.
My litigation defense experience helps me obtain good results for my clients. Having an experienced and aggressive advocate on your side is everything in an employment law case.
Areas of Practice
- Employment Litigation: Plaintiff
- Wrongful Termination
- Sexual Harassment
- Whistleblower/Qui Tam
- Contract Law (Employment)
- Civil Rights Violations
- 100% of Practice Devoted to Litigation
- California, 1972
- U.S. District Court Central District of California
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of California
- McGeorge School of Law, University of the Pacific, Sacramento, California
- J.D. - 1971
Honors and Awards
- Traynor Honor Society
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Sacramento County Bar Association, Member
- American Bar Association, Member
- State Bar of California, Member
- American Association for Justice, Member
- (CCTLA) Capital City Trial Lawyer Association, Member
- (CELA) California Employment Law Association, Member